Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the newly launched Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs more than 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrician to work full-time in the Maintenance team at Adelaide Oval. This is a very hands on role which will be responsible for leading new electrical installations as well as repairing, installing and upgrading current installations. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the buildings, it’s surrounds and all equipment at Adelaide Oval is maintained according to designated safety standards.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining standards set by AOSMA;
- Maintaining the building structures and infrastructure to the designated legal standards;
- Oversee the testing of all electrical equipment on a regular basis - including testing and maintenance of cables and telephone cables;
- Ensuring that all tasks are completed in conjunction with the timelines set for any upcoming events for both permanent infrastructure and temporary electrical overlays;
- Attend to repairs and maintenance of all systems and related equipment;
- Perform general and emergency electrical repairs and maintenance;
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all electrical plant and equipment;
- Management of small maintenance and installation projects from start to finish; and
- Other duties as assigned from time to time, including some works at AOSMA satellite sites.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Relevant trade qualifications or higher;
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Ability to work autonomously and safely under pressure;
- Enthusiastic and motivated attitude with a strong work ethic; and
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
Please note that out of hours work will be requirement of this role, in line with the business operations of Adelaide Oval, including days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
Applications close at 10:00am on Monday 30 April 2018.
To apply you will need to complete the application form and submit your CV via our website.